Las Vegas Bankruptcy Attorneys
What Is Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Chapter 7 is the most common form of bankruptcy and allows for individuals, married couples, and even companies to sell off non-exempt assets to pay off creditors—leaving them virtually debt-free and ready to move forward toward a brighter financial future. If you are feeling overwhelmed by credit card debt or medical bills, and are considering filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, turn to our skilled attorneys at Crosby & Fox, LLC. Our team of experienced bankruptcy lawyers will walk you through your options and make filing as hassle-free as possible.
5 Common Myths About Filing for Bankruptcy
At Crosby & Fox, LLC, we understand that filing for bankruptcy can be a confusing and lonely prospect, which is why our attorneys take the time to listen to your concerns and work with you to protect as many assets as possible—being on your side every step of the way. With more than 50 years of combined hands-on experience, we have helped countless clients find successful resolutions to their bankruptcy case.
5 myths about filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy include:
- You do not have to give up your house or car.
- You do not have to be unemployed.
- Your friends and neighbors are not likely to find out about your filing.
- You will be able to buy a car and a house after bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy is not a scarlet letter.
Filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Las Vegas
Chapter 7 is not for everyone. Our team will help you decide if Chapter 7, Chapter 13, or a non-bankruptcy solution is right for you.
4 benefits to filing for Chapter 7 include:
- Stop garnishments, lawsuits, collection calls, and most other judicial proceedings: Once Chapter 7 is filed, your creditors have to stop their collection efforts, allowing you to get the breathing space you need. We understand how ruthless collectors can be, so if creditors do not stop, we will take the steps to get court orders forcing them to. We may even be able to get sanctions against creditors for certain types of bad behavior.
- Eliminate unsecured debt: Unsecured debts like that from credit cards, medical bills, and pay-day loans can be eliminated when you file for Chapter 7.
- Improve your credit score: While most people think bankruptcy is the worst thing you can do for your credit, in certain circumstances, the constant negative reporting of delinquent accounts and large debt to income ratio can be even more damaging. Filing Chapter 7 might help you get back on the path to a better credit score.
- Move forward with your life: One of the biggest benefits to filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the ability to get the fresh start you deserve. The freedom from debt that filing offers can be a huge weight off your shoulders, so you can move forward.
Our experienced Las Vegas attorneys at Crosby & Fox, LLC can help guide you through the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process. Call us today at (702) 941-6320 or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation.
“highly, highly recommend them for your debt solutions.” - Debra M.
“I would definitely recommend Crosby & Fox for a bankruptcy service.” - Misdraim G.
“I am grateful for Troy and how he handle my case & would & did recommend Mr. Fox to family & friends.” - Stacy L.